You will help client problems feed into policy developments locally and nationally by:
- Monitoring trends in bureau enquiries, to identify issues for potential local or national social policy work
- Network with other people involved in social policy work within Citizens Advice, locally, regionally and nationally
- Network with other local groups and agencies involved in social policy work.
Produce reports around key areas of interest
- understanding of the importance of social policy work
- understanding of key current social issues, and their potential impact on CAB clients
- commitment to the aims and principles of the CAB service
- good report-writing skills
- ability to analyse complex information
- ability to work constructively with other agencies
- ability and willingness to work as part of a team.
What support and training do I get?
Full training is provided for this role but ideally you will have good research skills or experience in policy or campaigning