Citizens Advice Salford is looking for WordPress Website Developer Volunteers!

Citizens Advice Salford is looking for WordPress Website Developer Volunteers!

What we need:

We are looking for web developers with experience in developing and maintaining WordPress sites. Responsibilities would mainly include maintaining and updating our sites so they take advantage of WordPress updates and developments, remain engaging to the public and also incorporate the best SEO practices.

Our sites can all be reached through one website and are all up and running but we need volunteers to help us with weekly updates and ongoing content and design refreshes.

Qualifications and/or experience:

  • Proven experience in website design or maintenance
  • Proficiency in HTML, CSS, Javascript, and PHP
  • A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
  • Familiarity with WordPress development
  • Well-versed in technical trouble-shooting


Other requirements:

  • A commitment to the aims and principles of Citizens Advice Salford


Time Commitment:


  • We are flexible on this!



  • Make a difference to the local community in Salford
  • Be a part of an amazing volunteer team who are the core of our organization.
  • Get some experience of being involved in a service committed to providing advice and fighting poverty in Salford.



How to find out more:

Contact Gareth at


Citizens Advice Salford – Job Vacancy

Citizens Advice Salford – Job Vacancy

Money Advice Caseworker

Salary: £23,398 per annum

Hours: 36.25 per week

Pension: 6%

Holidays: 28 days plus bank holidays

We are seeking to appoint an experienced and competent Debt Caseworker to join our Money Advice Team. We offer debt advice across the City of Salford via face to face, telephone and email.

Successful applicants will have a minimum of one year’s full-time equivalent experience of delivering debt advice and an ability to satisfy MAS standards of competence at casework level.

Closing date: 6 April 2018 (9am)

Interview dates: 17 April 2018

Salford Citizens Advice Bureaux are working to achieve equal opportunities.

For applications please email Maria on

Citizens Advice Salford: Deciding what to do when you separate

When you separate from your partner, you’ll need to work out things like:

  • where your children will live and how often they’ll see the parent they don’t live with
  • where you’re going to live
  • how to divide up any money or belongings you share
  • whether you’ll be able to afford to pay the bills once you’re living separately
  • If you’re in the UK as a dependant on your partner’s visa, you’ll also need to check if you can stay in the UK on a visa after a divorce.

Don’t feel pressured into a decision that’s not right for you. You’ll have a better chance of reaching an agreement if you wait until you’re ready to talk.

You need to have been married for at least 1 year before you can get divorced or dissolve your civil partnership, so there’s usually time to work things out.

If your partner makes you feel anxious or threatened, you should get help.

Don’t try to agree anything about your separation without speaking to someone first.

You can call Refuge or Women’s Aid on 0808 2000 247 at any time.

Men’s Advice Line is a charity that helps men suffering domestic abuse. You can call their helpline on 0808 801 0327 between 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.

If you’re unsure about what to do next, contact your nearest Citizens Advice.

You don’t have to go to court to decide what to do when you separate unless you really can’t agree with each other. It’s often cheaper and quicker to figure it out yourselves.

If you’re struggling to decide, you should try mediation to see if you can reach an agreement with the help of a mediator.

This is something you’ll have to do anyway if you later decide to go to court.

Mediation is a cost-effective way of sorting any differences you have with your ex-partner about money, property or children.

You should try to talk to a mediator when you separate. You can go straight to a solicitor, but the first question they’ll often ask you is whether you’ve tried mediation.

Even if you end up having to go to court to sort out your differences, you normally need to prove that you’ve been to a mediation information and assessment meeting (MIAM). This is an introductory meeting to explain what mediation is and how it might help you.

There are exceptions when you don’t have to go to mediation first – for example, if you’ve suffered domestic abuse.

It’s better to try and reach an agreement through mediation if you can – you could save thousands of pounds in legal fees.

If your ex-partner doesn’t want to see a mediator, you should go to the MIAM on your own. You’ll then be able to prove you’ve tried mediation if you later want to go court. You can’t force your ex-partner to go to mediation.

See this family mediation leaflet on GOV.UK for more information about how mediation works, and what happens at an MIAM.

Find your nearest family mediator on the Family Mediation Council website:

Mediation isn’t free, but it’s is quicker and cheaper than going to court. If you’re on a low income you might be able to get legal aid to pay for:

  • the MIAM – this covers both of you, even if only one of you qualifies for legal aid
  • mediation sessions for the person who qualifies
  • help from a solicitor after mediation, for example to make your agreement legally binding

Legally binding means you have to stick to the terms of the agreement by law.

Check if you’re eligible for legal aid on

You’ll normally have to pay about £30 for an MIAM, although sometimes this first meeting is free. Follow-up sessions usually cost you and your partner about £80 each – most people need to go to 3 or 4.

The cost of mediation varies depending on where you live. Phone around to find the best price, but bear in mind the cheapest might not be the best.

Some mediators base their charges on how much you earn – so you might pay less if you’re on a low income.

If you want to keep the costs of mediation down, try to agree as much as you can with your ex-partner before you start. You could also agree a fixed number of sessions with your mediator – this might help you and your ex-partner focus on getting a quicker resolution.


Tom Togher

Citizens Advice Salford


Citizens Advice Salford Christmas Opening Times 2017

All our services close to the public for Christmas at 2.00pm on Friday 22 December.

Wednesday 27 – Friday 29 December the following services are open

Salford City Citizens Advice

25a Hankinson Way

Salford Precinct


M6 5JA

10am – 2pm

Telephone Advice Service

0300 330 1153

10am- 4pm

Email advice

Online information

On Tuesday 2 January our standard opening times resume.


Job Vacancy

Citizens Advice Salford – Job Vacancy

Welfare Benefits Caseworker

Salary: £23,398

Hours: 36.25 per week.

Pension: 6%

About Citizens Advice Salford

At Citizens Advice Salford we maintain a long tradition of providing face to face advice and information services across the City of Salford. With over 80 volunteers and 30 paid staff we deliver our services from three permanent sites, and in partnership with services at a range of outreach venues. A member of Greater Manchester Adviceline we also provide access to advice and information by telephone and email. Working closely with our local authority and Clinical Commissioning Group we are proud to offer people in Salford advice at all levels across enquiry areas and with a strong emphasis on health and well-being interventions.

About You

We are looking for someone who has welfare benefits experience including appeal work and representation to support our bureaux service and specialist projects.

You should have significant recent experience  in an advice giving environment and a commitment to working with us to develop our ability to deliver generalist and specialist welfare benefits advice work as widely as possible to the residents of Salford.

Get in touch

For an application pack please email

Closing date: Wednesday 25 October at 9am

Interviews: w/c 30 October 2017

Citizens Advice Salford is working to achieve equal opportunities.





Translate »