The drive and enthusiasm of a volunteer fundraiser is often what maintains the momentum of any fundraising project. This is a role that could involve some of the following tasks.
- arranging and running local events to raise funds
- identifying funders for projects in the bureau strategy
- developing a strategy for individual giving within the community
- developing a database of donors
- carrying out an audit to see which relationships with funders already exist in the bureau, and which have yet to be developed
- identifying and making contact with other fundraisers who are willing to support the bureau
This role may suit people with good knowledge of the local community and business networks who want to use this to support a local charity or perhaps students keen to utilise their learning in marketing and business in a practical way.
- Enjoy partnership and development work
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- To be approachable and friendly
- An ability to work on own using initiative
- Be open–minded and non-judgemental
- Good numeracy and attention to detail
What support and training do I get?
Full training is provided in the aims and principles of the Citizens Advice and around issues of fundraising for a charity, but we are looking for people who already have marketing or fundraising experience.