Complaints and Feedback

Complaints about our service

Citizens Advice Salford debt advice is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN617722).  If you’re not happy with the service or advice you receive you have the right to make a complaint. If Citizens Advice Salford are not able to resolve your complaint you can ask the financial ombudsman service to investigate for you.  Full details of our complaints policy can be viewed below and details of the financial ombudsman service can be found at

If we’ve let you down,tell us.

We want everyone who uses Citizens Advice to be happy with the service we provide. That’s why, if we’ve let you down, we want to hear from you – no matter how big or small the issue is. Often, we’ll be able to put things right. And even when we can’t, knowing where we’ve gone wrong will help us do better in the future. We promise to deal with every complaint quickly, professionally and confidentially.

Asking the local Citizens Advice to resolve the problem

It’s important to the local Citizens Advice to know what we’ve done wrong, so we can do our best to put it right. Don’t be afraid to speak to the Manager or person in charge of complaints. They will often be able to solve the problem straight away. If they can’t, or you’re still not happy, you can make a formal complaint.

Making a formal complaint
There are several ways to make a complaint. You can write a letter explaining what happened and send it to us at Citizens Advice Salford, 451 Liverpool St Salford. M6 5QQ or drop it into the local Citizens Advice centre you are complaining about. Alternatively, you can call or email or the Citizens Advice Feedback team  and they will pass your complaint to the right person. Your complaint will be investigated by someone who isn’t directly involved. If it’s upheld, we’ll apologise fully – and, if appropriate, let you know what we’re doing to put things right. We aim to respond to every complaint within eight weeks. If it’s going to take longer than this, we’ll explain why and keep you informed of progress.

Asking for a review
If you feel we haven’t dealt with your complaint properly, or you aren’t satisfied with the outcome, you can ask us to review the decision. Please make sure you ask for this within four weeks of receiving the decision by contacting the Feedback team . The review will be overseen by our Chief Executive.

Using an independent adjudicator
If you are still not happy with the decision, you can refer your complaint to an independent adjudicator. An independent adjudicator is someone unconnected with Citizens Advice who will decide whether we’ve dealt with your complaint fairly.
If you want to progress to this stage, you must contact us within four weeks of receiving your review decision from Citizens Advice. Contact the Feedback team

Contacting the Financial Ombudsman Service
The Financial Ombudsman Service provides a free, independent service for clients to solve disputes with not for profit debt advice providers. The Financial Ombudsman Service will only step in once a local Citizens Advice has had the opportunity to investigate a complaint, so please contact the local service first. If your complaint is about debt advice or if you were seeking advice about your
credit record and you are not satisfied with the final response, or if eight weeks have passed since you first let us know about your concerns, you can ask the Financial Ombudsman to review your complaint.

Who To Complaint To

Local Citizens Advice
The Manager of the local Citizens Advice centre or the Chair of the Trustee Board at the address below:

Citizens Advice Salford
451 Liverpool St
M6 5QQ

To contact the Citizens Advice Feedback team: 03000 231 900

Financial Ombudsman Service
By post:
Financial Ombudsman Service
South Quay Plaza
183 Marsh Wall
London E14 9SR

By phone:
0800 023 4567 – free for people phoning from a ‘fixed’ line (eg a landline at home).

0300 123 9123 – free for mobile phone users who pay a monthly charge for calls to numbers starting 01 and 02.

By email:

Immigration casework complaints

How to complain about immigration advice

The Immigration Services Commissioner who looks after the standards of immigration advice will investigate complaints about immigration casework. You can make a complaint instead of approaching your local Citizens Advice or can do so at any stage during the Citizens Advice complaint procedure.

By post:
Office of the Immigration
Services Commissioner
Complaints Team
5th Floor, 21 Bloomsbury Street

By phone:
0207 211 1500
0345 000 0046

By email:

Website: complain-about-an-adviser

If you would like us to receive this Complaints policy in another format please email us below:

Translate »