Test and Trace Support Payment:
From September 28, 2020, people who have been told to self-isolate by the NHS Test and Trace Service, will be entitled to a ‘Test and Trace Support Payment’ of £500 if they:
- Have been told to stay at home and self-isolate by the NHS Test and Trace service, either because they have tested positive for coronavirus or have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive;
- Are employed or self-employed;
- Are unable to work from home and will lose income as a result;
- Are currently receiving: universal credit, working tax credit, income based employment and support allowance, income support, housing benefit, or pension credit.
This payment is designed to support people on low incomes if they will lose income as a result of self-isolating, and to encourage them to get tested if they have symptoms.
In Salford you make your application by contacting the Spirt of Salford helpline on 0800 952 1000.
What you will need to tell the council:
- You will be asked to give information about your employment or self-employment so the council can assess whether you can work from home.
- The council will need your notification from NHS Test and Trace asking you to self-isolate (including a unique 8 digit number that should have been sent to you on or after September 28. This is different to the 12 digit reference number from the NHS to provide for your employer).
- You will need you most recent bank statement.
- You will need proof of your employment (for example your most recent payslip).
- If you are self-employed, you will need evidence of your self-assessment returns, trading income and proof that your business delivers services which cannot be undertaken without social contact.
You will not be eligible if you are:
- Quarantining after travelling abroad (unless you test positive during the 14 day quarantine period)
- Continue to receive full wages while you self-isolate if you are furloughed.
- Can work from home during the period of self-isolation;
- Are no longer required to self-isolate, i.e. your period of self-isolation ends before the Test and Trace Support Payment scheme launched on September 28, 2020.
- Have not received a notification from the NHS Test and Trace service telling you to self-isolate.
More information is available from on Salford.gov.uk.
Contact us if you need any extra help or further advice about your application. Call our advice line on 0300 3309 074, or use our online enquiry service at www.salfordcab.org.uk.
September 29, 2020.